Fun stuff for kids and parents

Tried and tested on willing guinea piglets

This optimistic, self-employed writer, translator, columnist and mum knows that with kids, a dash of charm and a good giggle beat fear of failure every time.

So here are some out-of-the-box ideas to keep kids and parents happy for hours...

Tuesday 5 July 2016

On safari at Bakken


OK I've been babysitting single-handedly most of the day, and now it's bedtime and Grandad's turn. So here are just a few photos from our trip to Bakken last week. More will follow at intervals.

This was the first ride we found that appealed to a range of ages.


Jake (13) and Petra (2) both clambered aboard all revved up and ready for fun. 

I climbed into the jeep behind and took photos with my flash.
This was literally a shot in the dark.

I still don't know if this was a real person stranded after
running off the tracks or part of the scenery. Jeepers creepers!


I thought this money mask had very pretty earrings.


And here's a cute lion playing with a bumble bee,


A huge spider - glad I didn't see that until I checked the photos afterwards!

And a monkey with her bra falling off...
hang on, they look a bit like targets...


And what's this gun for - Typical!

By the time I'd worked out I should have been shooting at the targets on the animals, there were no more animals left to shoot.

Just a smiley man.

Don't worry, he's still smiling.

That was one of the rides. There are plenty more and we took more photos, 
but right now it's storytime upstairs, so I'd better go for now...

1 comment: