Fun stuff for kids and parents

Tried and tested on willing guinea piglets

This optimistic, self-employed writer, translator, columnist and mum knows that with kids, a dash of charm and a good giggle beat fear of failure every time.

So here are some out-of-the-box ideas to keep kids and parents happy for hours...

Friday 31 May 2013

Watson the Dog’s lament

BEFORE
TEETH, they said, was what would be done
Nice white gnashers and that would be fun
They’d see me coming in the dark
I wouldn’t even have to bark
Just smile at the girly dogs out and about
I’d score in a flash, of that there’s no doubt

But when the vet she put me under
My romantic dreams were torn asunder
Yes my teeth are shiny and white
But while I was sleeping, out like a light,
The cowards went doggedly on to point two
Snoring flat out there was nowt I could do

BUZZZZZ and my fur piled up on the floor
I tried to wake up and make for the door
But out came the needle, back out for the count
The trimmer kept going – a dreadful amount
What now would I do when hunting for girls?
Without heaps and heaps of soft Schnauzer curls?

Well the doggies I meet are not very kind
I try to look butch like I don’t really mind
But they giggle and then it comes out in a rush
Your tail, they smirk, is a toilet brush
Watson, my man, where is all your hair?
Don’t you know your tummy and bits are all bare?

But there’s one good thing to come out of the day
When the vet went and shaved all my fur away
My collar’s too loose so, HA, if I try
I can wriggle right out of it easy as pie
And when I set eyes on a nice sexy poodle
I give it the slip and shoot off and CANOODLE!

COWABUNGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER: We still love you, Watson and it WILL grow back.


No comments:

Post a Comment